Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!

Goodbye 2007. You've been good to us in some ways, and not so good to us in other ways. You were totally bi-polar. Easy to love you. Easy to hate you. But mostly we've got to give you love.

Yes, Eric's kidneys failed him. We've been on dialysis since April. Yes I said "we" because anybody who has been the helpmate of someone on dialysis knows it's a team effort.

Yes, Eric had a scare with an antibiotic overdose...and lots of other more "normal" (but still scary for us) illnesses.

BUT....

We made it--all of us! Yes ALL of us are here now, including the one that wasn't quite ready to join us by the end of 2006.

Bright came home. Bright came home!!! BRIGHT CAME HOME!!!

And out of his homecoming came an amazing new job at AAI for me. I get to help other people bring home their children now.

Yes, you threw us some curve balls 2007, but over all you were good to us.

Now, listen up 2008! Take notice! The Gillispies are going to have a GOOD year! The Gillispie children are going to continue to flourish in our home. Eric and I will maintain our strong marriage. We will begin a new family focus on others rather than "me, me, me." And 2008--Eric is going to get his kidney transplant this year. You hear me? THIS YEAR! By March would be just fine.

We'll celebrate 10 years of marriage in 2008. We'll celebrate 3 different children in 2008. We'll celebrate renewed health in 2008. And we'll thank our Lord God for it all.

2 comments:

Jena 1:35 PM  

Hello-
Anita, if you don't mind, can you tell me what a kidney transplant enails? I would love to pray for you guys...

Angela 11:46 AM  

Amen!

May your new year bring everything you have wished and more!

God bless...Angela