Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Someday...

Someday I will miss this scene.

3 pairs of shoes; 2 half pair of shoes; a Popsicle wrapper and stick; a power ranger figurine (look hard); mommy's book and pillow thrown on the floor; 3 lazy kids watching cartoons on my bed.

My first response was to gripe at the kids for making such a mess in my room. But then it just struck me how much I will miss seeing those little shoes all over the place someday. How much I will miss having my sheets messed up from wallering kids. How much I will miss my children once they are gone.

Anita

2 comments:

Heather 6:27 AM  

Three of mine are away at church camp for 5 days, and 4 of mine are away in Ghana, and I miss them all.......waaaa!! Far too few messes in the house this week...

Heather S

Jenny 5:58 PM  

I have a 22 yo, 20 yo, and 16 yo who still think the floor is the biggest shelf in the house! The only thing that has changed is the size of the shoes makes it almost impossible to walk through the house when they are all home. But you are so right about how much we miss them when they are gone :)