Friday, September 26, 2008

The Smile Award

Thank you Sarah, for choosing me for The Smile Award. I don't feel like I've been too smiley on my blog lately, but thanks for the vote of confidence!!! ;-)

For those that don't know this award was created by Mere, a high school student. I think it's great that these characteristics are brought to attention. So here's how the award works:

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

These are the rules for The Smile Award.
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

People I’d like to give the award to:

Linda at Smith Soup: Linda is new to the blogging world but a pro at writing how she feels! Her faith in the Lord is always a great encouragement to me.

Chanda: Chanda brought home two Ghanaian brothers at the beginning of the year. The photos she puts up of the boys is amazing! There is a lot of unknowns in their family right now, but Chanda handles it all with grace.

Amy Fabu: My dear friend Amy just came home with a sibling set of 3 gorgeous kids from Ghana. If you could just see her smile and the love she has for her kids you'd know why she MUST get this award!

The Zimmermans: When I grow up I want to handle adversity like this family does. Delays while traveling to Ghana? No problem! Lost adoption paperwork? We'll work it out! They have the most positive attitude I have ever had the priviledge of being witness too.

This Beautiful Life: Heather's blog isn't always sunshine and roses, but her love of life and her family shines through in every post. Heck! Just look at the title of her blog! She's paperchasing to bring home her first ever baby after adopting two older children previously. I'm so happy for her to experience a baby for the first time!

4 comments:

Heather 8:48 AM  

I couldn't agree more, Anita!! All of you choices are Fabu, including you!

Heather (the other one)

Nikki 5:45 PM  

Hi there :) I just came across your blog and am LOVING it. I look foward to read more. I love the work you do, and your family is beauiful. I am only 19, but my boyfriend and I already talk quite a bit about the kids we are going to adopt. We are heading to Ethiopia in february to volunteer and I am sooo excited.

Looking foward to reading more,

Nikki
www.ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com

Amy 10:36 PM  

Thanks Miss Anita- honored!

Fabu

Zimmerman family 9:18 PM  

We feel very honored that you thought of us. Why stress about things you can't control? :)And, having an awesome husband helps also. :)

Hilda