Sunday, September 28, 2008

Taevy and Bright's Wichita Birthday

The Birthday Girl (in her new hat--too cute!)The Birthday Boy (enjoying his blue beads)The Cakes:


Bright's cake was something I saw on another blog and thought it was such a cute idea! A chocolate cake in the center with twinkies around the edges to make a Kansas Sunflower! I don't mention this much on the blog (or maybe I do?) but Bright is really into classically "girl" things like jewelry, makeup, pink, and sparkles and flowers. He loved his cake--not too "girly" but something he is into more than cars and sports at this point.Taevy requested no bake chery cheesecake for her "cake."Opening presants. Their family was WAY too generous. We didn't expect gifts but of course the kids loved them. Bright is posing with the present we gave him--a book with his face on it from Snapfish. Big hit.

Aunt Amy gave mini pedicures and manicures to all of the girls (and the boys got treatments too, if they wanted them). Grandpa made everybody smile when he got American flags on his big toes! Even with Grandpa's encouragement Samren would have nothing to do with it!
Grandma B. surprised Taevy with a pinata. Being the amazing organizer she is, she had paper bags put to the side for the kids to grab and put their candy in. They all made me so proud when the instigated making the "take" fair between all of the kids.

It was a great party. I am looking forward to a few weeks off from birthdays though!
Anita

2 comments:

Amy 10:02 PM  

Ok, the cakes- wow. Just plain wow. Color me impressed sister (Bright's is one of the cutest I've seen, seriously!). It looks like a great time was had by all!

Fabu, who wants a piece of both cakes please

bbqdaisy 3:19 PM  

Hi Anita :)

I LOVE the pictures of your kids! How beautiful they are!!! And I do love the flower cake, I might have to copy it!!!

Blessings
Maria