Saturday, December 27, 2008

Speaking of Handmade Gifts...

I finished my second of three afghans I started earlier in the Autumn. It was for my mom, for Christmas, so I couldn't share about it before now! It didn't turn out exactly how I had envisioned, but it is still kind of pretty. My mom doesn't like lots of holes in afghans so the pattern kept that in mind. It is a larger afghan--taking up the entire top of my queen size bed. My favorite thing about it is the pointed edging. That was a new skill for me and it turned out really well. I am nearing the end of my 3rd afghan project--Taevy's afghan. Then I will be afghaned OUT for this year and on to easy projects like hats, scarves and dish clothes.

4 comments:

Deborah 10:18 AM  

This is sooo pretty! It looks like a quilt :) You must get 2 hours of sleep a night to do everything that you do.

I hope that you have a wonderful New Year, a blessed one.

Amy 10:30 AM  

That is just gorgeous! I am just amazed Anita!

Fabu

Kristin 11:25 PM  

The afghan is so beautiful- I love the colors!

Rae 2:41 PM  

Great job on the points--they look great! I'm with your mom on the holes--no place for my toes to stick out, please! ;)