Thursday, February 19, 2009

Is it just me???

**Updated to say: No matter how good Mt. Dew tastes when you have a sore throat, it might not be such a good idea. At least not if you don't usually drink caffeine! In my sick stupor yesterday I drank 5 12 oz bottles of Mt. Dew and at midnight was still up with a racing heart even after a dose of Nyquil and an Ambien to help me sleep. I started freaking out, thinking something was majorly wrong--then I realized how much caffeine I drank yesterday. Ummm....yeah....note to self....moderate the Mt. Dew intake while sick.

Is it just me our does Mt. Dew taste especially wonderful when you have a sort throat? I love the stuff, but never usually allow myself to drink it. The last few days I have been downing it like crazy.

Did aybody else seem the news special on the "Children of the Mountains?" It was basically about poverty-stricken families in Appalacia. Evidently, Mountain Dew is THE drink in Appalacia--and causes a ton of dental problems because of the high sugar content.

Okay...off to get a refill!

4 comments:

Bingaling 9:15 PM  

Its not just you...I have to agree that Mt. Dew is especially good when you have a sore throat.

Ericka 2:25 PM  

Anita,
I wondered about that!!!!
Hope things have settled down :)

Heather 7:19 PM  

Lol! Nut! ;)

Jen 10:37 PM  

I think at one point I read the Mt. Dew had the most caffeine and was the worst for you. Although that was like when I was 10 years old so I am sure worst drinks have come along. Five of them! I can only imagine.
I haven't had one since I was a kid but since I have a sore throat, maybe I will have to splurge!LOL
Jennnine