Friday, February 06, 2009

We Got a Letter from Ghana

We got a letter from Ghana today. It was so unexpected (although I don't know WHY it was unexpected). It was written by Bright's uncle.

Unfortunately, the letter included a laundry list of items that the family hopes Eric and I can provide for them. I really don't blame them. How could they NOT see us as a potential source of income? The live in very real poverty.

Medicine for Grandma and Grandpa. Farming supplies. Senior High School for a cousin that can go no further in his education without assistance. Socks.

Now we have to put it to prayer, and decide how to respond.

Anita

4 comments:

Irene Joy 8:30 AM  

Take up another donation! I'd be willing to help as I'm sure many would. :)

Stacey Reynolds 8:54 PM  

Anita, this is Stacey, Daniels mom. You know what is funny; I got a letter today from Bless from Eugemont. He was one of the older boys, very smart, often helped with some of the translation. I really became attached to Bless while I was at Eugemont and gave him some postcards to write to me. I hadn't heard from him in a while, so the letter was quite unexpected. Anyway, as I read I kept thinking he was going to ask me for something, either for himself or for the orphanage. I hate that that was even in my brain though, becasue all he asked me to send him were more postcards so that he could write to me. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that we both got letters from the same part of the world today; maybe Mama Eugenia helped them both send the letters off?

A. Gillispie 9:33 PM  

Stacey, that is really interesting. I'm so glad you got a letter from Bless! How neat!!! I'm thinking (though don't know) that it was probably a coincidence. I'm not Mama Eugenia's favorite person because of my history with LVI. It was neat to see the letter in Uncle Isaac's handwriting (it's on some of our adoption paperwork as well).

I hope you and Daniel are doing great!

Anita

Awo 10:18 PM  

I pray God's guidance for you. You are truly one of his servants, and I know that whatever you decide to do will be what He wants you to do.
Awo