Friday, April 03, 2009

We have our referral!

It's official!!! Miss Mabel Anadane has been referred to us as of today! When she joins our family she will be Kendi Mae Anadane Gillispie. She will be 2 years old in June and is a total firecracker! She says mainly one word... "ma" but says a LOT with that one word! She can say "hold me", "give me a hug," "leave me alone," "I'm hungry," "I'm tired," and a ton of other things just with that one little syllable--as anybody who has met her can attest to!


Kendi Mabel has some special needs that will walk with her throughout life, but we think she is wonderfully and perfectly made. She is a survivor!

If all goes well with the various government offices and agencies, we will hopefully be able to bring her home sometime this summer.

Anita
P.S. Yes, this is her real profile. Is that not the cutest profile EVER?!

20 comments:

Nadia 1:06 PM  

she's beautiful. congratulations!!

Kristin 1:11 PM  

Woo hoo!!!!!Congrats to you! We are so excited for you. Mabel was the only one that Fia and Kwame would let us hold instead of them. In fact, when we would come in and Mabel would want to be held, they would go and get her and bring her to us...so cute! She has a special place in their heart!She is a special little girl that will be so blessed by your family.

Tricia 1:14 PM  

Congratulations! I am excited for your family.

Kristin 1:20 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS! What more to say?!! So happy for you!

Kristin

Unknown 1:43 PM  

YEAH!! Congrats! That is very exciting!! And yes, that is the cutest profile ever!!

Heather 1:45 PM  

So exciting to finally have the referral for Kendi and be "official". Now nobody can take your baby! Celebrating with you and your fam today!

Jena 1:47 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
So so happy for you guys!

Calmil2 2:11 PM  

Congratulations!!! That is the cutest profile picture! How did you do that? Can't wait to see her whole beautiful face :)
Harmony

Amy 3:18 PM  

Wonderful, blessed news!!! SO happy for your family!

Fabu

Nicole - Raising Animals 3:28 PM  

WOW! ANITA! Congrats!!! She looks beautiful!

Ericka 3:29 PM  

Congratulations Family!!!!!

frogglet 8:03 PM  

Congratulations!! I am glad I decided to follow your blog today. What a wonderful day!

Unknown 10:09 PM  

Congratulations! Yes, she calls everyone Ma! When I was at Eban House recently, I was trying to get Mabel to call me Pa rather than Ma...which I got her to say once...after which she went back to Ma.

Salzwedel Family 8:04 AM  

Congratulations! She is beautiful

Instantly Mama 2:08 PM  

WoooHooo!!!!!

Dawn 3:23 PM  

Yay!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
dawn:)

Momto16 6:30 PM  

YEAH! Congratulations!
Love,
Sarah

Amanda 7:31 PM  

Congrats, dear Anita! I am jumping up and down as I write this (possible, believe me). What an amazing feeling for you.

Amanda, Cort, and fam

whenpigsfly 10:24 PM  

Hurray!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this OFFICIAL moment!!! She IS beautiful and that is a terrific profile! Hoping all goes smoothly for a summer home coming!!
Love
Linda

HollyAnn 10:32 PM  

Congrats!!