Friday, August 28, 2009

Again I say, She's my hero

This woman...this 20 year old woman...amazes me. She is my earthly hero. SHE is changing the world every single day. She is Jesus to the people she serves, every single day.

"And I want to take care of all 169 million. But as I look into Patricia's eyes, that since just 48 hours ago have turned bright and smiley, as I smell her hair freshly washed with baby shampoo and snuggle her into her new footie pajamas God tells me that this one is enough. That He will hold the others while they wait for someone to come along and hold them tight and give them their milk and their medicine. That He doesn't ask me to take them all but to stop for the ONE because that one is Jesus, His son."

Katie is currently mother to THIRTEEN children, and now caring for two more. She feeds hundreds of people every week, more than once a week! She is the hands and feet of Jesus in a more "real" way than I can imagine.

Pray for Katie and the multitudes Jesus has put in her care.

2 comments:

C and G 10:01 PM  

I read this this morning and wept - it has been burning in my mind and heart all day . . . amazing.

Rose Anne 10:29 PM  

What an amazing young woman!
Praise God there people out there willing to follow their might God!
May we all do what God calls us to do...
Rose Anne