Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just Between Friends

I've talked about this sale before on my blog. I know lots of states have a JBF sale now, but I don't know if it is the size we have in Tulsa. Tulsa LOVES JBF sales! It's basically a humongous consignment sale. HUGE. I hadn't been to the last 2 or 3 sales because my kids are getting older and the majority of the clothes are in the 0-24 month size. Eric even loves this sale (or rather, the amount of money we save purchasing our kids' clothes here)! He kept asking me when the next sale was. I should go to the sale, he said. I told him there wouldn't be much there for our older kids. But as luck would have it Eric had the day off on Friday, so on a whim we decided to head down to the fairgrounds to the sale.

It was the next to last day of the sale (25% off day) so I figured it would be pretty picked over. I had low expectations. But the thing keeps growing! There was as much left on Friday as there was on the first day of the last sale I had been to! Thousands and thousands of items of clothing. The quality of the items still left wasn't as good as it would have been the first day, but there was still a lot that were the right price, and not worn out. And most of the clothing is brands that we normally wouldn't be able to buy (Gymboree, Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place). We ended up with great additions to our kids' wardrobes (and some for our neice Mia as well). If there is a JBF sale in your area, check it out!

**These are Kendi's finds. Her total was $27**
**Mia's finds. $17!
**Bright's finds: including heavy outter wear sweater, $17**


**Taevy's finds: including outer-wear sweater, $18**

**Samren's finds: $21**


Anita

2 comments:

Erika 2:56 PM  

we have a half dozen different consignment sales here and I've been consigning and buying since before Kai was born. What's cool about some of the ones here is that there's actually a 50% off and a 75% off part of the sale. I always hit the presale (since I consign), so I get first dibs on all the stuff. I went yesterday and finished out the rest of Kai's winter wardrobe. What's great is that next year, I'll consign it all back (if it's in good shape) so that means I'll end up paying around a $1 for a shirt and around $2 for PJs. Can't beat that!!

Bingaling 7:39 AM  

I love sales like this! I do garage sales all summer...it makes filling out the boy's wardrobes so much cheaper. Although, I learned after this summer's garage sale season that I did NOT find nearly enough pants in size6 for Mr. T. Do you know how difficult it is to find boys' pants at garage sales?? Boys are so hard on their pants! LOL! So, we are going to have to fill in with some store-bought pants. But, I think he's good on shirts.
Chanda