Friday, October 02, 2009

This and That

Happy Weekend! We are reunited. Eric came home tonight. We figure we saved him a few days of exposure and hopefully that is good enough! Samren is still "swiney" but the medicine must work very well because his fever is hanging out below 101 and he ACTS much better. Kendi is sporting a low fever but seems fine (she's on the medicine too). Taevy and Bright had a day each when they felt yucky (or they could have been going for sympathy and faking it). I think they are fine. We got cabin fever bigtime today, and went out to have some fun (more on that in another post).


This picture from today sort of cracks me up. What is Kendi thinking as she watches the other ones? Sometimes I think a picture says more than words could.

Kendi continues to do just awesome. It's like she has always been here. We see a different Kendi when it's not just us in the house. It's so good to come back home again and "see" her again. She has GOT to learn to smile for the camera! This is a must for every Gillispie kid! LOL!

Kendi is learning more English every day. Really, it seems like she "gets" most of what we say, whether it is because of context or physical cues I don't know. She cracked us up tonight when I was changing her diaper and she said, "Yummy!" She meant "Yucky!" LOL!

Bright turns 4 years old on Sunday. So weird that he is the same age now that his brother Wise was when I met him for the first time. Bright is pretty much his spitting image. It's still shocking sometimes when I think about the 3 people on the other side of the world that have the same essence of being that Bright has. I don't think I will ever stop mourning for them. Things would have turned out so differently if we had just known about them! But the Lord can turn it to good. I have to believe he can.

Night night!
Anita

3 comments:

Megan 10:21 AM  

Hi Anita! I just found you through Nicole at Raising Animals. I love your family! So beautiful! Congrats on your last adoption. I will be praying your hubby doesn't get sick and you all heal quickly. Enjoy the weekend!

Blessings~

Teabo Chica 12:40 PM  

Its great reading about the transition your family is going through right now and your positive and honest attitude about it. Its been fun getting to see Kendi getting to be apart of your family!
About Bright I am just assuming he had some family left in Ghana that you didn't know about?
You are right God can turn anything to good! Whatever it is and however hard it may seem.
Thanks for sharing Anita!
Blessings!

A. Gillispie 9:29 PM  

Tami, Bright was seperated from his 3 older brothers without our knowledge. We didn't know about them until late in the process. At the time they were 4, 8, and 10. We were approved for two kids, and would have absolutely adopted his brother Wise with Bright, if we had known he was waiting. Since then I've tried to see if they could come into AAI's program so that they could be adopted, but greed is strong where they are at. They are "stuck" there, and there life is such that I don't know if they would do well with adoption at this point. I'm thankful that I know where Bright's birth family is though--so we should be able to keep contact a bit throughout life.