Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ghana Sweep

It never ceases to amaze me how much "Ghana" is in my 2 year old Kendi. I LOVE it. I hope that Ghana never leaves her.

We've had a few sprigs of fake flowers left over that didn't quite make it back into the Christmas boxes when we put them away. Kendi found a very practical use for them. To her, they are the perfect shape and size to use as a broom.

This is the "broom" she knows from Ghana.
And this is her modifying what she has in America to get the job done! If you've ever been to Ghana and slept in a room without A/C you probably remember the sound of folks sweeping their porches and yards at 4:30 am. It's one of my favorite sounds in the world.

In case you're wondering, she was actually standing in a pile I had just swept, "helping" me!

Anita

P.S. Jen...notice the shoes? They are so great!

2 comments:

FullPlateMom 8:17 AM  

Ahhhh...the sound of sweeping in the wee hours of the morning, it's ALMOST as good as the loud roaring of the generator in the pitch black night. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it did give me some insight as to why Bubbly can sleep through me vacuuming her room while she sleeps.
--Becky

Sister Beta 2:43 PM  

Love, love, love it! That is too cute! I hope my kids do that. :)