Thursday, March 18, 2010

Super Kids

Seems like I don't post nearly as many photos of Samren as I do the rest of the kids. He's always off doing is own thing. But today I had to make him stop for a minute to take this pic. He was acting like the x-man Cyclops. See how tough he is?
ARGH!

I'm telling you all, Taevy's creativity is amazing to me. I don't know how she comes up with this stuff. But today she said she had a craft to do with everybody. Just needed pipe cleaners and half of a plastic Easter egg. This is what she came up with! I'm not convinced that someone hasn't done this before but she says she just came up with it in her mind. The pipe cleaners stick right through the tiny holes on the top of the egg. Voila! Rabbit!

Miss Taevy's Preschool: Dance time.
Kendi told Bright (in her Kendi language) to touch the spider.

Miss Taevy with her homeade flash cards. See the box on the floor? This is her "school box." When she wants to do preschool with the littles she brings it out. They get excited to see Taevy's school box!



Taevy going through the flash cards.

Go and Come. This is a game that the littles have been playing lately. They made it up. It cracks me up. In Ghana when you want a child to come to you it's not rude to motion your hand and say "Come." Here folks think you're talking to your kid like a dog so we don't do that! So the game is one child stands in front of the basket and says "Come." The other child runs from the other end of the room to the basket. Then switch places. Then the other child waves their hand and says "come." Over and over and over again. I know. But they are 2 and 4. I guess that's fun when you're two and four! We've decided it's like the Ghanaian version of Red Light Green Light!

It amazes me that even with the craziness of this week the kids and I have managed so many memories. This would never be possible if they were at school all day or if I was at work all day. I'm so thankful for the setup God has allowed us!

1 comments:

Laurel 10:51 PM  

Two of my daughters were so much like Taevy is when they were her age. Love the pics and the stories about how she does preschool with the Littles.


Laurel