Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crochet: Cutie Cocoon and Cap

I finished my second crochet project of the season. It just took my free time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (maybe 3 hours?). I made a "cocoon" for my great-newphew Alex (due in January)! I always make baby afghans for people and wanted to do something different this time. These are so cute. You just put baby in there up to their shoulders. They feel all swaddled and warm and cozy. The also make great photo props! I didn't use a pattern for this. I figured it was basically a long hat. I added some decrease so that there was more room in the leg area. It sort of looks like a vase. Love these colors together. These are the colors my neice is using for Alex--we used the same colors for Bright. =-)

7 comments:

frogglet 4:02 PM  

So cute! I love those colors, exchange the blue for pink and that is what we are using for our little ones room.

Laurel 5:14 PM  

Adorable! Can't wait to see the baby pics in these.


:) :) :)

M/T.A. 5:18 PM  

Can you give us directions on how to make it??? TOOOO cute.

Created For His Glory 7:53 PM  

Super cute Anita! :)

Cindy 8:07 PM  

Very cute Anita!

Gina 8:41 PM  

Those are adorable! I have never seen a cocoon before, but what a fabulous idea!

A. Gillispie 8:52 PM  

Thanks all. This is super easy to make if you know how to make a hat. It's basically one big long hat! You just increase your rows by 12, like a hat, except you go maybe 8 rows before stopping the increase rather than the typical 4 or 5 rows. I did 5 rows of each color, with a criss-cross stitch in row 3 of each color. At the top cuff I did 2 rows of each color in 1/2 double crochet rather than double crochet.