I'm taking a moment...just a moment...to GRIPE!
1. Today I got this great coupon from The Children's Place. The coupon reminded me that I needed to start looking for the kids' Christmas outfits. It's one of two times a year I splurge on brand new name brand matching cheesy outfits for my kids. So I went to TCP only to find that I didn't love anything. I noticed they were already low on stock on some items. Yikes! So this started a whole shopping (online) frenzy for my kids' Cmas clothes. I find what I want for my girls, at Crazy8. Then I search for 20 minutes hoping to find a coupon code I can use. NO COUPON! So I spent $15 and $20 for the girls' skirt/dress because one of the sizes I could use for Kendi were already out. I had to buy today or I might not get the matching outfits I wanted. [Yes, I realize I am sounding like a very spoiled American here. I am a very spoiled America.] What is in the mail when I check it (after I ordered)? A COUPON FOR 20% OFF AT CRAZY8!!!! URGH!!!!!!
2. Eric's cold from 10 days ago has gone through the whole house. I didn't get it. Or, er, yes I did. Now I have the darn thing, after everybody else is all perky and non-snotty again, and nobody wants to feel sorry for the mommy!
3. Two afghans. The first afghan I ever pieced together (for Kendi, in 2006) and the afghan I just made for Taevy in September. Both afghans, ruined by a preschooler with a hunger for destruction. He stole scissors from downstairs, hid them away upstairs waiting for his moment, then cut gaping holes in both afghans. I'm trying to remember it's just STUFF but when it's sentimental stuff it's more difficult. And I hate that Taevy feels like nothing of hers is safe because of the preschooler that hungers for destruction. =-(
Okay, my moment is over. I'm done griping now! Now I will remind myself that....
1. I am completely silly for caring that my kids wear matching Christmas outfits in the first place. Nobody else cares. Other people show up in their jammies. My kids don't even care. AND...I stull have to buy the boys' stuff so the 20% off coupon shall not be wasted!
2. I am glad that the cold hit this week instead of next, when we will be heading out for a 3 day fun weekend in Branson! Thank you Lord for giving it to me now rather than later!
3. The preschooler who craves destruction is doing SO MUCH BETTER than he was 4 months ago. And he did do us a favor and show us his stash of scissors!