Monday, November 01, 2010

Glad it's over!


October is my favorite and least favorite month of the year! I have friends who detest Halloween and friends who count Halloween as their favorite time of year. As long as I live I think I will always feel unsettled about the day. Honestly, I'd just rather skip it so I don't have to think about it! For me, HARVEST is a fabulous time of year! And I love to celebrate the fruits the Lord has blessed us with during growing season! But do I have one iota of bad feeling towards my girlfriends who adore Halloween, complete with scary movies and gory costumes? Not at all!


Last Wednesday we went to a church Harvest Festival, complete with costumes. The kiddos were so cute.


It turned out that this year we ended up "doing" Christmas stuff on Halloween night. We were in Branson and went to the Dixie Stampede. They start their Christmas show a week before Halloween. So, as others were trick-or-treating, we were listening to "O Holy Night" complete with camels and wise men! LOL!


Whatever you do on October 31st, I best most of us will agree that as of today gears are changing and we're starting to dream of turkey and/or sugar plums!


Anita....whose husband feels that the best holiday has been completely forgotten about just because there's nothing much to sell. He says to tell you all Happy Thanksgiving Season!


2 comments:

Reading Widely 3:35 PM  

I'm with Eric! I love Thanksgiving too! It's always been my favorite holiday - even when I was a kid. :)

Renee 5:22 PM  

VERY cute!