Tuesday, November 02, 2010

That kind of day..

You know when you have the kind of day where...

*You wish you could just sleep all day. And you really COULD sleep all day and straight through to the next morning,

*You are the worst homeschooling mom EVER. You taught nothing. You required nothing. You didn't even check to see if they did any of their work,

*You have done absolutely NO activities with your little ones. No "hands on." No creation. No cute little learning activities.

*You've done the absolutely bare minimum you had to for work. You gave exactly 34% effort.

*You don't even have energy or motivation to do your fun projects (crochet).

*It feels like a HUGE effort just to get out and drive your husband to/from work.

Yeah. That's the kind of day I'm having today. I've decided that Fibromyalgia must be the worst condition ever, even though I know in my head it is *SO* not the worst!

Thankfully, they don't usually come 2 in a row!

6 comments:

exmish 5:58 PM  

I'm sure your kids learned plenty today - maybe even the lesson that sometimes what a person needs is _rest_. :)

Sometimes it's a good thing to just have a low-key day with one's thoughts, so even if your kids weren't "doing" anything, I'll bet you they played (interpersonal relations, creativity), looked at books (reading skills), and so on.

Don't be too hard on yourself, Supermama. :)

frogglet 9:43 PM  

I have had those days, well not exactly, minus the home school and kid stuff, I sympathize. Hope tomorrow is better, there are better days.

Heather 11:10 PM  

Sorry you'r having a tough day my friend. My dad has struggled with Fibro on and off and I know how much pain he's in. I think you're darn AMAZING to deal with the Fibro, four kids, multiple animals, a hubby and a job where people depend on you as an emotional support while occasionally beating you up when things don't go their way.

And as far as being the worst homeschool mommy ever? Nope. I've got that. Last week I finally graded a stack of 250 math papers all the way back from July that I just hadn't gotten too. You rock lady. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Renee 6:42 AM  

(((Hugs)))


You are a GREAT Mom. I hope you feel better soon!

Laurel 12:41 PM  

Nope ... your are NOT the worst homeschool mommy. I've definitely held that title for many years.

But ... I do understand "one of those days". Oh yes. Much too often, I understand "those days".

Hope today is going better!!!



THANK YOU ... for the sweetest comment on my blog. I know that you DO understand, so your words mean a LOT to me.

Sadly ... while I do know that my family loves me, there are some that do "see" the weight ... some that have HUGE issues with the fact that I am overweight. Some that have shown not an ounce of support as I have worked so hard the past couple of months to lose weight. So, yes, there are some that will look at the wedding pictures for years to come and think, "Oh. Mom was so fat."

Sad. But very true. That's what hurts, more than you can imagine.

But ... THANKS again for your encouragement and support.


Laurel

Claire 4:20 PM  

*Sigh* Yes, I have those kind of days all too often. I tend to regroup on the weekends and then start the next week off with more motivation.