Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lucky #13!

In just a few days Eric and I will celebrate 13 years of marriage. Lucky number 13! LOL! Actually, for me it is definitely significant. My parents were married for 12 years. They never made it to 13. I remember thinking when I was a little girl that 12 years of marriage was a LONG time! Funny how it doesn't seem that long once you're there. I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me a marriage that will stand the test of time. It's not perfect. We've had our challenges. However, we've never had a fight where one of us left, even for a few hours. We've never taken our rings off and thrown them at each other in anger. We've never let the words, "I wish I wasn't married to you" slip out in an angry moment. Oh Lord, I'm so thankful!


After 13 years (15 years together) Eric is starting to get the hang of this "gift" thing. [Several birthdays, mother's days, anniversaries with nothing much.] Eric has arranged for his parents to watch the kids ALL NIGHT Sunday night so that we can go out on a date! At date! A real date! Yeah, after 15 years and 4 kids this makes me really happy! LOL! He read me right on this one. I LOVE my kids, but 24/7 is tough sometimes. Right now they are even sleeping in our room so I have literally NO time alone. I think that after we get home from our date we shall just sit in the living room and listen to the quite!

2 comments:

Nik 6:27 AM  

Happy Anniversary! Have a great date night.

Our 10 year is coming up this week. Our kids are going with the Grandparents for TWO whole nights. Oooooh what is a gal to do???

Ericka 6:46 AM  

awwwww, happy anniversary sweet Anita and Eric!!!! that is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
ps,
I hope you do a separate blog for the Brian Post stuff....it's good and important work :)