Saturday, February 18, 2012

Offense

Proverbs 17:9 was one of my daily verses today. Right to the heart! I so struggle with taking offense to things. I really wear my feelings on my shoulder. I tend to give my trust easily, but then when someone lets me down, I feel very betrayed and may never fully trust that person again. I may say the right words to the person who offends me--"No big deal. It's over. We're fine." but it's my heart that the Lord sees. So! Words for my meditation today:


He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. Proverbs 17:9


I need to focus not only on "covering over" an offense, but also learning not to vent that offense to sombody else. THAT is probably the bigger problem for me. I so need for someone to validate my offense! I need to hear somebody say, "What a crappy thing for X to say/do! I would be ticked off too!" Once I know that I'm not crazy to be offended, then I can relax and let it go. Well, just one more thing to add to my to do list! =-)


Anita

0 comments: