Monday, February 06, 2012

This is the day...

Oh man, I feel like singing praise songs! What comes to mind is "This is the day (this is the day), that the Lord hath made (that the Lord hath made). I will rejoice (I will rejoice), and be glad in it (and be glad in it)!" Yeah, I should sing that song more when I'm having a horrible week, to remind myself that the Lord allows the bad with the good, but it's a happy song. What can I say?!


On this day I got to spend my time doing what I love doing. I spent a balanced amount of time emailing and talking on the phone with pre- or post- adoptive families. I even got to give news of a visa approval! I had enough down time to help my kids with school and not be a complete grouch to them. It was JUST. RIGHT.


Most important to my day was what I did NOT have to do! I didn't have to work while sick (like last week). I didn't have to give anybody bad news. I didn't have to think about fees or budget or numbers. I didn't have to spend time on stuff I dislike doing, getting behind on the stuff I do like doing! When I get up in the morning I won't be way behind and I only have good things to look forward to.


Yes! I will rejoice and be glad in it!


Anita

P.S. Oh, and did I mention I'm going to Ghana?! ;-) Tickets are purchaed! I'm leaving March 8th and returning March 22nd!

2 comments:

Laurel 11:16 PM  

I thought of you a lot this past week ... and your job. I was offered the job of Case Manager for an adoption agency, working with Ghana and Ethiopian adoptions. However, after MUCH prayer I had to turn down the job.

It was NOT an at-home job like yours. I would have had to be at the office from 9-5 every day. Nope. That is not what God has called our family to. I need to be home with my kids.

But, I was excited about the possibility because I've always thought that you have a GREAT job.

Laurel

whenpigsfly 4:49 PM  

I am so excited for your upcoming trip, and for your day! A VISA APPROVAL? THAT"S THE BEST NEWS for somebody!!! Laurel you would certainly have the experience to bring to that job but I agree... out of home, not so much! Anita,re: your comment on my blog post, we will keep Naomi's name, since it was given by her birth mother but we need to find a REALLY GREAT middle name. They call her " nay" right now which I will NEVER DO, although we often call our first Naomi "Omi" and Nay = Omi does = NAOMI........... We 'll see what God leads us to. I am also very excited about HAIR!!!!!!!!!! braids, cornrows, extensions, and another little girl to play mani-pedi with!
Amen, this IS the day the Lord has made, we WILL rejoice and be glad in it!!! Linda