Monday, May 07, 2012

Pass It On: I am a Segregationist

I'll tell you what, this is one post you don't want to miss if you are a Christian!  Head on over to Heirs with Christ to read "I am a Segregationist."  Segregationist you say?  Why, I don't believe in segregating black and white people.  I even parent a black child!  Oh, but in what other ways might you segregate your life?  Do we live in the nice part of town only going to the "poor" part of town on "service Saturday?"  Do we head the other direction when we see an obviously ill person walking our direction?  Do we move our family towards or away from the neighborhoods where crime rates are high?  Rachel challenges us to get down and dirty, to stop segregating our lives.

"Whatever you do, DON'T neatly sanitize your life into boxes. "Church" here, "work" here, "family" here, "acts of service" one Saturday a month. Let Christ so deeply penetrate every area of who we are that ALL of the lines are beautifully messy!!!"

1 comments:

Rachel Goode 7:55 AM  

Thanks so much for posting this! It's fun to see that someone whose blog I have followed a long time liked something from my blog! :)