Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A BRIGHT Spot!!!!

There is just nothing like a bad day followed by a good night, is there?  That's what last night was for us.  We dealt with all of the yucky Hanan stuff all day and then last night we were not only blessed financially (more than made up for the $600 we lost to Hanan) but also WE GOT AN UPDATE ON BRIGHT!!!!!!
 
It's just a teeny-tiny update but I am so thankful for it!  Ernest sent an email to Lois yesterday about Bright.  Actually, this is weird but it is the EXACT same "update" as we got a month ago on September 10th--every last word of it.  The one exception is that Ernest sent Bright's birthdate! 
 
Bright celebrated his first birthday on October 4th. 
 
This means that he was born on a Tuesday.  In Ghanaian culture the DAY of birth is important, and many tribes name the child based on his/her day of birth.  Since I don't have Bright's full name yet I can't do the research to find out what the traditional name for him would have been (every tribe has different names for each day of the week).  It's possible that we would give him a second middle name based on his tribe's traditional name.  But it's hard to say since we don't know what his entire name is now!
 
I don't know if I've shared this on the blog, but we plan to name him Brighton Isaiah.  To that we'll add an as-yet-unknown second middle name. 
 
We chose Isaiah for a few reasons.  When we first got his referral and I was so very worried about Bright's life I got this verse in my inbox from a "daily verse" generator:
 
[The Lord says,], "Even to his old age and gray hairs, I am He.  I am He who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
 
We personalized this verse for Bright as:
 
[The Lord says,] "Even to his old age and gray hairs, I am He.  I am He who will sustain Bright.  I have made Bright and I will carry him;
I will sustain Bright and I will rescue him.
 
Isaiah 46:4
 
Secondly, we chose Isaiah because the meaning of Isaiah is "The Lord Helps Me."  The Lord is certainly helping Bright to overcome his serious malnutrition.  So his name will be Brighton Isaiah. =-)

Love,
Anita
P.S.  On the adoption front, we also heard that Ernest went to visit the Director of Social Welfare in Volta Region.  He confirmed that our "Letter of Interest" has been received.  Ernest said that the formal application for adoption had been sent and that the Director would be contacting Lois.  We haven't received any applications and the Director hasn't contacted Lois.  Please pray that we can get this application in our hands and get this show on the road!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous 5:50 PM  

Anita,
I haven't checked in on your blog in a few days, so I missed a lot. I'm sorry about Hanan but glad that God worked good from it anyway.
And I'm so glad you got a new little update on Bright! Belated happy birthday to Brighton Isaiah! And lots of prayers for the paperwork to swiftly move along so you can bring Bright home.